Of course, it wouldn’t be as fun if I didn’t abide by a few self-imposed restrictions.
- No looking in a proper arcade. That would be far too easy!
- No looking in locations that market themselves as an “entertainment center” or “fun zone.” This means no Dave & Busters, no bowling alleys or mini-golf, and no crashing a kid’s birthday party at Chuck ‘E Cheeses either.
- No barcades, as these businesses, while cool, are essentially arcades that serve alcoholic beverages, and thus defeat the purpose of the game. Bars are fine though, provided they aren’t barcades. You’ll know these when you see them.
- Golden Tee and other golfing games at sports bars don’t count. They’re just too easy to find!
- Whenever possible, play them!